In response to:
Americans who understand what a government "shutdown" is, aren't particularly concerned about having one. The effects barely exist for most, until months pass, while those ever closer to the government are more affected, until those actually involved feel some pain. Excepting, of course, the hypocrites "in charge" who generally except themselves - and those exceptions from "the People" who believe themselves so far above that they will treat this as a game. One good thing about today's "interesting times" is that more folk are educating themselves and beginning to think because of it.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 26 mins ago
- Video: Luis Gutierrez helpfully creates “toolkit” to aid illegals avoiding deportation Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Do we all hold “these truths” of natural law to be self-evident lately? Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Don’t get your hopes up. Chuck Schumer is no improvement over Harry Reid Jazz Shaw 4 hours ago
- Video: Protests over Indiana version of RFRA seem to miss one important point Ed Morrissey 6 hours ago
- Where in the world is former congressman Walter Fauntroy? Jazz Shaw 7 hours ago