Consider the disconnects: California's combined income and sales taxes are among the nation's highest, but the state's deficit is still about $16 billion. It's estimated that more than 2,000 upper-income Californians are leaving per week to flee high taxes and costly regulations, yet California wants to raise taxes even higher; its business climate already ranks near the bottom of most surveys. Its teachers are among the highest paid on average in the nation, but its public school students consistently test near the bottom...
And whose fault is it that the kids don't speak English? And apparently you rarely drive the 5, 405, and 395, because they are a mess too. I love CA, but I moved my business out 9 years ago to at least partially protect myself. I'm so sick of people voting that have not a clue of what or for whom they are voting. This article couldn't be more on spot!
Driving across California is like going from Mississippi to Massachusetts without ever crossing a state line.
- Secret Service failures may expand no-walking zone around White House Ed Morrissey 33 mins ago
- CDC: Up to half a million Ebola cases by end of January Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Video: South Park ad hits Redskins … during Redskins game Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- NYT: Daniel Inouye was the senator who told Kirsten Gillibrand that he likes his girls chubby Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Blair: The West had better not rule out ground troops Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Among us: Officials confirm American ISIS fighters have returned to United States Noah Rothman 3 hours ago