Consider the disconnects: California's combined income and sales taxes are among the nation's highest, but the state's deficit is still about $16 billion. It's estimated that more than 2,000 upper-income Californians are leaving per week to flee high taxes and costly regulations, yet California wants to raise taxes even higher; its business climate already ranks near the bottom of most surveys. Its teachers are among the highest paid on average in the nation, but its public school students consistently test near the bottom...
And whose fault is it that the kids don't speak English? And apparently you rarely drive the 5, 405, and 395, because they are a mess too. I love CA, but I moved my business out 9 years ago to at least partially protect myself. I'm so sick of people voting that have not a clue of what or for whom they are voting. This article couldn't be more on spot!
Driving across California is like going from Mississippi to Massachusetts without ever crossing a state line.
- Obama to force businesses to pay more employees overtime Allahpundit 21 minutes ago
- Rick Perry hint-hints: America is a great place for second chances Erika Johnsen 1 hour ago
- It’s come to this: Obama threatens to veto Republican bills that … require him to follow the law Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Huckabee getting serious about a 2016 bid? Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Gallup: Senate may be #Up4Climate, but … Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Charlie Rangel: The explosion today in Harlem is “our community’s 9/11″ Allahpundit 3 hours ago