At this point it seems almost silly, quibbling about exact dates and amounts and whatnot, when it is already perfectly, completely, undeniably clear that we're on the fast track to an entitlement crisis the likes of which the free world has never seen. If the economy of a small country like Greece can go belly-up as a result of their welfare-heavy, socialist policies and cause such a massive headache in the eurozone, it's frightening to think of the chaos that will ensue when the planet's most productive nation financially implodes -- and if we don't steer clear of the path...
The "trust funds" are bookkeeping devices. The cash money comes from current revenues and borrowing. The funds are already "out of cash"
- Brave cat jumps from fiery collapsing building, saves no one but himself Mary Katharine Ham 21 mins ago
- D.C. cabs companies blame ride-sharing for loss of revenue Mary Katharine Ham 1 hour ago
- Pew poll: Majority of Republicans think GOP isn’t doing a good job on spending, immigration, and gay marriage Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Ruth Bader Ginsberg to liberals: You really think Obama can replace me? Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Building blocks of the GOP Senate majority coming together Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Jim Webb: I’m seriously thinking of running for president as a Democrat Allahpundit 3 hours ago