Dr. John Lott, author of "More Guns, Less Crime," reports that until the 1960s, some New York City public high schools had shooting clubs where students competed in citywide shooting contests for university scholarships. They carried their rifles to school on...
Remember one thing. How well did Obozo's last attempt at arms control go? You all remember Fast and Furious don't you?
When I attended primary and secondary school -- during the 1940s and '50s -- one didn't hear of the kind of shooting mayhem that's become routine today. Why? It surely wasn't because of strict firearm laws. My replica of the 1902 Sears mail-order catalog shows 35 pages of firearm advertisements. People just sent in their money, and a firearm was shipped.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Again: Exactly which elite, liberal institution does have to live up to the Left’s values? Mary Katharine Ham 5 hours ago
- Detroit suspends water shut-offs for 15 days Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- Through the looking glass: White House that loves using anonymous sources upset at being attacked by anonymous sources Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- Video: The angriest atheist Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- Police protect Jewish students from Pro-Palestinian mob…in Boston Guy Benson 8 hours ago