In 2006 and 2007, Republicans promoting amnesty favored the cliche, “Immigrants do the jobs American’s won’t do.” It was a bad argument then, and with unemployment still hovering around or over 9%, for the last five years, no one even bothers with that anymore. Instead, Republicans are selling amnesty based solely on political expediency. The new cliche is that Republicans will never win the Hispanic vote unless they support amnesty. John McCain, who led the last great push for amnesty says. "The Republican Party is losing the support of our Hispanic citizens. And we realize this is an issue in which...
Obviously you have not read the Tan Klan manifesto (La Raza) that is exactly what they are demanding. They want the land back to ruin, just as they have ruined their own country for the last 300 years. They have learned nothing of how to govern or make a country work. Mexico should be as prosperous as the US and Canada is. No need for them to come to this country to work. Why is Civil War raging there over drugs? Why do they not go into the streets and demand their government change the conditions in Mexico? Because it is easier for them to come here and work and send the money home to prop up the economy. Just like cheap labor helps here. So amnesty will be granted again, because the government here will not enforce the laws.
- CBS/NYT poll shows Obama at new low on terrorism, foreign policy Ed Morrissey 22 mins ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- Sotloff “fixer”: Americans never contacted me after his abduction Ed Morrissey 10 hours ago
- David Cameron to Scotland: Baby, don’t go. Mary Katharine Ham 11 hours ago
- Confirmed: You can tell someone’s politics by their body odor Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Oh my: I think Romney’s going to run, says top Wall Street backer Allahpundit 12 hours ago