As president, he signed into law a bill that violates both of these promises. The Affordable Care Act (ObamaCare) gives the federal government the authority to tell every American what insurance they must have, where they will get it and what they will pay for it. Moreover, even as it violates another campaign promise ("if you’re in a plan you like, you can keep it"), the most optimistic estimate expects 23 million people will remain...
Goodman: "Return to the two original ideas Obama..." That's ridiculous. Government run health care insurance will not work! Americans want to dramatically lower their healthcare cost and have the freedom of choosing their care. Politicians need to shift thinking away from lower health care insurance premiums to simply lower healthcare cost. That is a big difference, and nobody is addressing this issue in those terms. For the past several decades, insurance providers (government included) have padded their pockets by paying whatever cost providers demanded then passing those cost along to consumers. The result was skyrocketing premiums at over twice the inflation rate.
When Barack Obama was a candidate for president, he endorsed universal health insurance, but opposed forcing individuals to buy their own insurance.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- On notice: Mitch McConnell is ready to “crush” the Tea Party Jazz Shaw 11 hours ago
- Noonan on latest ObamaCare delay: Is there even an ObamaCare law anymore? Erika Johnsen 13 hours ago
- Video: Gates sees defense cuts as showing a lack of seriousness by US Jazz Shaw 14 hours ago
- CPAC: Fred Thompson and Persecuted Ed Morrissey 16 hours ago
- WH: Hey, Obama golfing in Key Largo during this crisis is the same as if he were in DC, only warmer Jazz Shaw 17 hours ago