For laughs, consult top producer Cappy McGarr, who insisted Ellen wasn't picked for political reasons: "The Kennedy Center is apolitical. We have had so many people who have their own brand and type of humor. We don't pick winners because of any advocacy they do. It is all about...
"so happy to be a part of your final season" If only!
The PBS broadcast of the Kennedy Center's Mark Twain Prize on Oct. 30 was a festival of tributes to Ellen DeGeneres -- which is fine, since she is quite talented comically. But it wasn't so much a tribute for the comedy as it was for her pioneering work promoting homosexuality.
- Yep: MSNBC would react quite differently if Tea Partiers threw rocks at them Mary Katharine Ham 40 mins ago
- Finally: George W. Bush takes the ALS Ice Bucket challenge Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- WaPo/ABC poll: Majority approves of airstrikes in Iraq … Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Report: Two times as many British Muslims fighting for ISIS as with U.K. armed forces Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- All in: Red-state Democrat Mark Pryor launches rare pro-ObamaCare midterm ad Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Audio: And now a word from Mike Ditka about this Redskins “horsesh*t” Allahpundit 4 hours ago