For laughs, consult top producer Cappy McGarr, who insisted Ellen wasn't picked for political reasons: "The Kennedy Center is apolitical. We have had so many people who have their own brand and type of humor. We don't pick winners because of any advocacy they do. It is all about...
"so happy to be a part of your final season" If only!
The PBS broadcast of the Kennedy Center's Mark Twain Prize on Oct. 30 was a festival of tributes to Ellen DeGeneres -- which is fine, since she is quite talented comically. But it wasn't so much a tribute for the comedy as it was for her pioneering work promoting homosexuality.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- On notice: Mitch McConnell is ready to “crush” the Tea Party Jazz Shaw 6 hours ago
- Noonan on latest ObamaCare delay: Is there even an ObamaCare law anymore? Erika Johnsen 8 hours ago
- Video: Gates sees defense cuts as showing a lack of seriousness by US Jazz Shaw 9 hours ago
- CPAC: Fred Thompson and Persecuted Ed Morrissey 11 hours ago
- WH: Hey, Obama golfing in Key Largo during this crisis is the same as if he were in DC, only warmer Jazz Shaw 12 hours ago