If no one seems to care that the Titanic is filling with water, why not drill another hole in it? That seems to be the M.O. of the Bernanke Federal Reserve. After the announcement of QE3 (also dubbed "QE Infinity") created yet another round of media chatter about a recovery, the Fed's Open Market Committee has decided to push infinity a little bit further. The latest move involves the rolling over of long-term Treasuries purchased as part of Operation Twist, thereby more than doubling QE3 to a monthly influx of $85 billion in phony money starting in...
There was no significant inflation with the previous QE. The economy is too deflated. Gas prices are falling as the USA is becoming the worlds #1 producer of petroleum. Foodstamps are the main reason there has been some mild inflation in Consumer Goods, but not the entire economy. Yeah if this was 2006 there would be inflation, but the economy is not robust enough. Read Paul Krugman. He has been dead on.
- Great news: Homeland Security can’t find 6,000 foreign nationals in US Ed Morrissey 40 mins ago
- Did US kill Al-Shabaab leader responsible for Kenya mall massacre? Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- CDC Director: Ebola in Africa now an ‘epidemic,’ ‘completely out of control’ Noah Rothman 2 hour ago
- Video: UK takes steps to keep British jihadists from returning Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 14 hours ago
- Hensarling: It’s time to end the Ex-Im Bank Ed Morrissey 16 hours ago