My Thoughts on the Election

James2571 Wrote: Nov 11, 2012 4:35 PM
Just a friendly reminder that there is no god. None, nowhere. Try to live a happy life and be kind to yourself and others. But rest assured. There is no god.

GOP Turns Sure Victory into Defeat

James2571 Wrote: Nov 10, 2012 12:17 PM
" Hollywood limousine liberal whose Republican stockbroker called today to tell me that he's bolting on the GOP and registering Independent because "I'm all about fiscal conservatism, but I don't recognize my party. They're just crazy people. Limbaugh, O'Reilly, all the religion...and if government told me what to do with my private parts I'd be po'ed , too." Seriously, learn your lesson." +1. There are too many extremists in the Republican Party. Go back and look at Ronald Reagan's legacy. Yes, he signed Tax Increases to help the budget. Yes, he gave amnesty to illegal immigrants. He wouldn't get out of the Republican Primary these days.

GOP Turns Sure Victory into Defeat

James2571 Wrote: Nov 10, 2012 12:13 PM
No he didn't. I voted for him both times.

GOP Turns Sure Victory into Defeat

James2571 Wrote: Nov 10, 2012 12:13 PM
U.S. Navy, ET2 by the way. Everyone Idolizes Reagan, but Reagan now a days couldn't even get out of the Republican Party because it's become so narrow minded. The last Republican I voted for President was H.W. Bush. Since then the social agenda of the Republican Party has pushed me away. I hate to see wasted tax dollars. But even worse I would hate to have my daughter raped and forced to carry the baby of her rapist to term if she didn't want to.
Funny how things have changed. Ronald Reagan gave amnesty to 3 million illegal aliens when he signed the Immigration Reform Act of 1986. Somehow 30 years later we still haven't done comprehensive immigration reform. Being intransigent in the face of the obvious will make the GOP more and more irrelevant. The GOP on racial issues! We had Republican Candidates for the state house saying that slavery was good for the African-Americans. Riots at college campuses in Mississippi and Virginia because Obama was elected. There's more wrong here than simple messaging.

Don’t Go Wobbly, GOP

James2571 Wrote: Nov 09, 2012 10:55 PM
No less than Ronald Regan gave amnesty to 3 million illegal immigrants with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986. If the Republicans don't get their head on straight about immigration then get ready to be irrelevant in national politics!
That's not true. The FBI has been investigating this extramarital affair for over six months. Stumbled upon it chasing some other leads. Word on the street was after being appointed CIA Director he tried to end it. She had photos and video and tried to blackmail him. FBI was investigating her access to classifed information.
Here is the full text of Petraeus' letter: HEADQUARTERS Central Intelligence Agency 9 November 2012 Yesterday afternoon, I went to the White House and asked the President to be allowed, for personal reasons, to resign from my position as D/CIA. After being married for over 37 years, I showed extremely poor judgment by engaging in an extramarital affair. Such behavior is unacceptable, both as a husband and as the leader of an organization such as ours. This afternoon, the President graciously accepted my resignation. As I depart Langley, I want you to know that it has been the greatest of privileges to have served with you, the officers of our Nation's Silent Service, a work force that is truly exceptional in every regard. Indeed, you di
He's resigning because he was being blackmailed in a extra-marital affair. Go look at a real news source people. This is why you were surprised Obama won a second term. Pull your head out of the sand!!

GOP Turns Sure Victory into Defeat

James2571 Wrote: Nov 08, 2012 8:56 PM
You mean the Ronald Reagan that turned a 1 Trillion Dollar deficit into a 4 Trillion Dollar Deficit? The Ronald Reagan that turned tail and ran from Beirut when Hezbollah attacked the US Marines with a car bomb? The Ronald Regan who signed into law TEFRA, which at the time was the largest tax increase in peacetime in history? That signed the Immigration and Reform Act of 1986 and gave AMNESTY to 3 million illegal immigrants? That sold weapons to Iran and gave the money to Death Squads in Nicaragua?

Four More Years

James2571 Wrote: Nov 08, 2012 8:43 PM
The Republican opposition to policy from it's own think tanks is surprising. Romneycare and hence Obamacare was born at the Heritage Foundation and hailed as "patient centered health reform" when Mitt Romney signed the bill into law. Filibustering the DREAM Act which was sponsored by Senator Orrin Hatch not less. This really cost Republicans the Latino Vote. No Abortion, not even to save the Mother's life, Rape, Nor Incest. Lost the under 30 vote there. Defense of Marriage Act, lost the GLBT vote. I'll quote David Brooks here "I sometimes wonder if the Republican Party has become the receding roar of white America as it pines for a way of life that will never return.” Change Policy or become irrelevant.