I couldn't agree with Kate more. I, also a Catholic, am truly disgusted with our so-called "leaders" in the Church. Actually, though, they are very much like our politicians of today. They usually attend $150 a plate dinners and hobnob with the wealthiest of their parishioners. They have no idea how the common man, Catholic or not, lives. Fie on them. And I believe studies have been done on this and found that there's a huge gap between what these out-of-touch Bishops think is right and what the average Catholic churchgoer thinks is right in the political world. They need to butt out of politics and shut up. They'll end up cutting off their noses to spite their faces. Outside of issues involving faith and morals, they have...

No More Boring White Guys for the GOP

James165 Wrote: Aug 08, 2012 8:42 PM
I repeat. Do a little research on Rubio. He has been proactively advocating for amnesty for illegal aliens all his legislative life. He and his mentor Jeb Bush. He is also for open borders. He keeps a low profile on this aspect of his beliefs and past actions because he and Jeb want to sell him to conservatives as "one of them". And, look, you fell for it. Oh, and if he became Prez, we'd have full amnesty for all illegals faster than with anyone else. Ask Jeb.

No More Boring White Guys for the GOP

James165 Wrote: Aug 08, 2012 8:38 PM
Please. Do a little research on Rubio. He has been working for amnesty for all his legislative life. He is a protege of Jeb Bush and is open borders. He keeps a somewhat (but not complete) low profile because he and Jeb want you all to believe he is a conservative. And, look, you fell for it.
West is qualified. Period. And a lot more qualified than some of the others who are being talked about. The idea of having someone who KNOWS something about the military as a candidate, VP, or Pres, is very appealing and realistic. Do you really think a West pick is "pandering"? I just don't believe it would be. Not nearly so much as Rubio would be for Hispandering. He has far less experience. And is for amnesty.

Marco Rubio Endorses Scott Brown

James165 Wrote: Jul 23, 2012 9:19 PM
Renny, no one is saying they want to abandon the Republican Party here. All of us who know Rubio for what he is, believe he is a danger when he is being touted so highly by known RINO's. I've already detailed his history in Florida on this site and I pray to God we do not have him a heartbeat away from the Presidency. We are just saying we'd like the most conservative candidates we can get -- and the issue of illegal immigration, I'm afraid, is under-appreciated by many, many voters. Get educated; your country's sovereignty is at stake. Yes, vote in Republicans, but PLEASE stop glorifying and deifying Rubio. Don't you think it's odd to have all these "reports" about what he thinks about this and that? What makes him such an icon?

Marco Rubio Endorses Scott Brown

James165 Wrote: Jul 23, 2012 9:10 PM
Goody goody for you. You fall in line with the establishment Republicans. That's what they want.

Marco Rubio Endorses Scott Brown

James165 Wrote: Jul 23, 2012 6:09 PM
Nan, unlike so many on this site, I was for Romney all the way. Why? Because of his principled stand on illegal immigration. He is the one major candidate in recent memory who has had the nerve to stand up and say he is for Americans and not for illegal aliens. And that they go to the end of the line. So far, he hasn't strayed from that. And he really hasn't given Rubio the time of day on his pro-illegal dialogue. You may not think illega immigration is a big problem, but it is where I live in Florida, where Rubio continually betrayed Floridians in favor of illegal aliens. I have posted about this numerous times. Look it up.

Marco Rubio Endorses Scott Brown

James165 Wrote: Jul 23, 2012 6:04 PM
lived through Rubio's time in the Florida legislature and he consistently betrayed Floridians in favor of illegal aliens. This state is a mess because of that issue and Rubio showed his colors early. Jeb Bush is his mentor. You may like Rubio because you don't care about illegal immigration. But if you do, he's poison. Oh, I know this has nothing to do with the Massachusetts race, but Rubio really doesn't either, any more than any other Republican legislator.

Marco Rubio Endorses Scott Brown

James165 Wrote: Jul 23, 2012 6:01 PM
Dear Doc: Read my first comment, below. I didn't repeat myself at this comment because I had done it just a few moments before. I said: I don't like Rubio either, but that doesn't affect my view of the race in Massachusetts. But my question is, Who the blankety-blank cares what this freshman senator, having done little but put forward DREAM Acts for illegals and talk up open borders, thinks? Why does Town Hall continually", etc. etc. I still wonder why this lightweight is consisently looked to for his opinions. They mean nothing to me. Which doesn't mean I don't support the same people he MAY support. So far as "evidence" of Rubio's love for illegals and disdain for American citizens, I am a Floridian who has (continued)

Marco Rubio Endorses Scott Brown

James165 Wrote: Jul 23, 2012 4:33 PM
I don't like Rubio either, but that doesn't affect my view of the race in Massachusetts. But my question is, Who the blankety blank cares what this freshman senator, having done little but put forward DREAM Acts for illegals and talk up open borders, thinks? Why does Town Hall consistently quote or look to this, ahem, empty suit for opinions? Someone is pushing the guy. As a Floridian, my bets are on his best friend Jeb Bush and his cronies. The usual RINOs, who want Rubio to be known as a "conservative". Bull.