The late Sen. Robert Byrd, D-W.Va., a former Klansman, wrote during World War II: "I shall never fight in the armed forces with a Negro by my side. ... Rather I should die...
Democrats have done more to destroy the hope of blacks in this country than any other group. First, they started the KKK, lynched blacks, burned crosses in their yards, and now they have the GALL to act like they are the party that will help blacks. They voted against every Civil Rights Act put before Congress until finally in 1964, the Republicans led Congress to pass it, which was begrudgingly signed by LBJ who muttered as he signed it, "We have to give them n*****s something." But I've lost my sympathy for blacks who still vote Democratic. If they can't wake up and see what's happening to them, I don't know what to tell them anymore.
MSNBC's Chris Matthews, in a recent debate with former Republican National Chairman Michael Steele, called the Republican Party the "grand wizard crowd." Grand wizard is the title given to the leader of the Ku Klux Klan. It is truly misinformed to call Republicans the party of the Klan. Throughout our history, most Klansmen and most racists have been Democrats. Here are a few racist quotes from major Democratic figures.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- Feds put kibosh on self-driving cars, plane sharing Mary Katharine Ham 8 hours ago
- It’s come to this: The War on Bacon is real Mary Katharine Ham 9 hours ago
- America in crisis: Should airline passengers be allowed to use “Knee Defender” to stop seats from reclining? Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- Mitt Romney: Sure, there’s a chance I’ll run again Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- Rubio sends letter to Obama: This executive amnesty will destroy immigration reform for the foreseeable future Allahpundit 11 hours ago