The late Sen. Robert Byrd, D-W.Va., a former Klansman, wrote during World War II: "I shall never fight in the armed forces with a Negro by my side. ... Rather I should die...
Democrats have done more to destroy the hope of blacks in this country than any other group. First, they started the KKK, lynched blacks, burned crosses in their yards, and now they have the GALL to act like they are the party that will help blacks. They voted against every Civil Rights Act put before Congress until finally in 1964, the Republicans led Congress to pass it, which was begrudgingly signed by LBJ who muttered as he signed it, "We have to give them n*****s something." But I've lost my sympathy for blacks who still vote Democratic. If they can't wake up and see what's happening to them, I don't know what to tell them anymore.
MSNBC's Chris Matthews, in a recent debate with former Republican National Chairman Michael Steele, called the Republican Party the "grand wizard crowd." Grand wizard is the title given to the leader of the Ku Klux Klan. It is truly misinformed to call Republicans the party of the Klan. Throughout our history, most Klansmen and most racists have been Democrats. Here are a few racist quotes from major Democratic figures.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- Twitter blocks petition supporting Houston pastors Jazz Shaw 10 hours ago
- Breaking: New White House fence-jumper taken down by K9s, apprehended Mary Katharine Ham 10 hours ago
- Debbie Wasserman Schultz: Barack who? Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- What election? Network news gives up on covering midterms Noah Rothman 11 hours ago
- Could Oregon’s First Lady sink the Governor next month? Jazz Shaw 12 hours ago