The late Sen. Robert Byrd, D-W.Va., a former Klansman, wrote during World War II: "I shall never fight in the armed forces with a Negro by my side. ... Rather I should die...
Democrats have done more to destroy the hope of blacks in this country than any other group. First, they started the KKK, lynched blacks, burned crosses in their yards, and now they have the GALL to act like they are the party that will help blacks. They voted against every Civil Rights Act put before Congress until finally in 1964, the Republicans led Congress to pass it, which was begrudgingly signed by LBJ who muttered as he signed it, "We have to give them n*****s something." But I've lost my sympathy for blacks who still vote Democratic. If they can't wake up and see what's happening to them, I don't know what to tell them anymore.
MSNBC's Chris Matthews, in a recent debate with former Republican National Chairman Michael Steele, called the Republican Party the "grand wizard crowd." Grand wizard is the title given to the leader of the Ku Klux Klan. It is truly misinformed to call Republicans the party of the Klan. Throughout our history, most Klansmen and most racists have been Democrats. Here are a few racist quotes from major Democratic figures.
- Jolly win has Dems worried about ObamaCare … messaging Ed Morrissey 49 minutes ago
- Video: Obama warns Russia of “cost” in Crimea Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Did Flight 370 continue for four more hours in flight? Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- McClatchy: White House hiding 9,000 documents from Senate probe of CIA Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 12 hours ago
- Video: President shops at Gap same day his party loses bellwether election in swing state Mary Katharine Ham 12 hours ago