Earlier this week, President Obama called for even higher taxes on wealthy Americans in the future to tackle our massive debt and deficit problems even after hiking taxes on 77 percent of Americans in the fiscal cliff deal. Now, ethics challenged Rep. Maxine Waters, who is now the second most powerful member on the House Banking Committee, is following in Obama's footsteps by calling for further soaking of the rich through taxes on Ed Schultz's radio show. Laughably, Waters also suggests the massive cost of Social Security and Medicare can be offset by taxing the rich, even though confiscating...
In response to:
If the GOP believed that higher taxes hurt the economy, they should have let the democrats have the taxes handled their way, after all they have the peoples' mandate. If it did hurt the economy (I believe it would) the very people would vote for GOP win in 2016. I guess the GOP is not interested in taking the democrats' broken record away from them. The broken record which repeats "all would be well if only the rich paid their fair share".
- Jubilation: Israel and Syria trade fire as Islamists seize territory along tense border Noah Rothman 29 mins ago
- Putin is invading Ukraine, and he is winning Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Obama’s new power grab: A climate change treaty without Senate ratification Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Two legal guests tell CNN their Brown shooting audio might be a hoax Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- What’s the matter with Kansas? Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Trouble in Paradise: NY Times won’t endorse Andrew Cuomo’s reelection bid Noah Rothman 3 hours ago