Earlier this week, President Obama called for even higher taxes on wealthy Americans in the future to tackle our massive debt and deficit problems even after hiking taxes on 77 percent of Americans in the fiscal cliff deal. Now, ethics challenged Rep. Maxine Waters, who is now the second most powerful member on the House Banking Committee, is following in Obama's footsteps by calling for further soaking of the rich through taxes on Ed Schultz's radio show. Laughably, Waters also suggests the massive cost of Social Security and Medicare can be offset by taxing the rich, even though confiscating...
In response to:
If the GOP believed that higher taxes hurt the economy, they should have let the democrats have the taxes handled their way, after all they have the peoples' mandate. If it did hurt the economy (I believe it would) the very people would vote for GOP win in 2016. I guess the GOP is not interested in taking the democrats' broken record away from them. The broken record which repeats "all would be well if only the rich paid their fair share".
- Video: Gates sees defense cuts as showing a lack of seriousness by US Jazz Shaw 24 minutes ago
- CPAC: Fred Thompson and Persecuted Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- WH: Hey, Obama golfing in Key Largo during this crisis is the same as if he were in DC, only warmer Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Rand Paul working to get David Jolly over the finish line in FL-13 special Jazz Shaw 4 hours ago
- CPAC: Daniel Hannan and the origins of liberty Ed Morrissey 6 hours ago
- Open thread: Sunday morning talking heads Allahpundit 7 hours ago