Sensing the wounds of betrayal beginning to fester among many within the conservative base -- his biggest fans and strongest advocates over the last three years -- Sen. Marco Rubio has personally penned a "Dear Friends" letter to try to assuage their concerns about both his intentions and the contents of the bill he helped craft. Rubio calls the immigration reform effort "a real trial" for him, expressing regret that many of his natural allies are furious with him for his role in the 'Gang of Eight.' The full letter is available HERE. A few excerpts, via NRO:
While I respected and trusted Rubio as a person supported by the Tea Party, he has now caved in to the likes of McCain, Graham and Schumer, which means he does not have he deep convictions that I thought he had. How can you ever trust him again.
- New solution to border crisis: Send U.S. officials to Honduras to give kids refugee status? Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- Boehner accuses White House of sabotaging Veterans Affairs bill Noah Rothman 8 hours ago
- NFL suspends Ray Rice for two games in domestic-assault case Ed Morrissey 9 hours ago
- Great news from Hillary: The Russian reset worked Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- Thursday TEMS: Duane Patterson, Daniel Garza, Mike McFadden Ed Morrissey 9 hours ago
- FEC Chairman sounds alarm to Hot Air: There’s a ‘move afoot to constrict press freedoms’ Noah Rothman 10 hours ago