Given the constant chatter from the Obama administration and from teachers' unions on the need to spend more for public education, let's address the question "Is the US spending enough on education?"
I propose we look at the stats in graphical form starting with charts of population and total spending, culminating with education spending per child.
click on any chart for sharper image
1. Population vs Civilian Employees
Data is from the US Census Bureau
- Federal committee devising new dietary guidelines based on… climate change Erika Johnsen 42 minutes ago
- National Journal: Loss in HHS contraception mandate case would “restrict access” for women Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Business groups “blindsided” by Obama overtime redefinition Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Trey Gowdy on Obama’s power grabs: “How does going from being a senator to a president re-write the Constitution?” Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Video: Criminal probe opening in GM recall? Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Jolly win has Dems worried about ObamaCare … messaging Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago