1 - 8

Almost Half of America on Welfare

JackWayne Wrote: Aug 25, 2014 11:20 AM
Mike, I think you are off by about 10% maybe more. I have never seen a break-down of the non-farm jobs that are truly in the private sector. With so many businesses funded fully or in part by the government, your employment numbers are hopelessly skewed. Find out the number of Americans who are paid a salary funded in no way by the government and you will discover why this recovery is the worst all time.
I read that paper on Ritholtz's site and found it to be rather funny. The main conclusion from the paer was all about the upside; there were no downsides listed. And the short story is: if a low-wage earner gets a higher minimum wage, they will have more money and they generally use it to go into debt buying a car. And that's why raising the minimum wage is a good idea: sell more cars. The insanity never stops does it?

Is the US Spending Enough on Education?

JackWayne Wrote: May 01, 2013 8:02 AM
Mike, I keep seeing this all the time and I'm troubled by your acceptance of the number of civilian employed. The chart above says it is close to 150M. I don't believe that number is even close. The government "employs" millions of people in industries that are paid entirely by tax money or borrowing. I think if you put a pencil to it, you'd find that we probably have 100M or less truly civilian employees.

The Depardieu Revolution

JackWayne Wrote: Jan 01, 2013 9:59 PM
Akennas55, Corbett wins this argument. Sorry, but millions of Republicans stayed home rather than vote for the Mass. liberal. That pretty much refutes your arguments.

Worst Shopping Season Since 2008

JackWayne Wrote: Jan 01, 2013 12:42 AM
Mike, I don't get why our true fiscal cliff is years down the road and yet Japan's is within the next 2 years. Since Japan holds about $3T in bonds why won't they demand payment? Whatever payment they can get to kick their can a little further down the road? I see that the government would simply print more money but someone, somewhere has to pay the piper. Assets have to exchange hands at some point.

Don't Blame Romney

JackWayne Wrote: Nov 09, 2012 10:11 AM
Own your mistake Ann. This is an un-mea culpa. You have no integrity to associate Romney's loss with the election campaigns of a couple of Senators. Or on the late primary season. Or on House members trying to be nominated to be President. Or any of the other whining excuses you made. Man up and admit your mistake. Those of us who are advocates for small government recognize this screed for what it is.
"Strong union states or collective bargaining states outperform right to work states". Thaks for the laugh. I needed it.

Creating a Risk-Free World

JackWayne Wrote: May 09, 2012 8:14 AM
Complete nonsense. Maybe if the government didn't regulate the insurance industry so heavily and allowed the companies to assign risk properly - i.e., raise rates on people who don't wear belts - that people would wear seat bealts out of their own self interest. It doesn't always take the government.
1 - 8