Employers added a disappointing 88,000 jobs in March, confirming fears of a slowdown in payroll growth that economists say could persist for several months. The number of new jobs is less than half what economists had forecast. The unemployment rate fell to 7.6% from 7.7%, largely because 496,000 Americans stopped working or looking for work, the Labor Department said Friday in its monthly employment report. Futures trading on Wall Street in major indexes began sinking as soon as the...
In response to:
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- In Illinois and California, public servants skate in police abuse cases Mary Katharine Ham 7 hours ago
- Will Utah be ground zero for nationwide gay marriage? Noah Rothman 8 hours ago
- Virginia cops hoping to bust teen for child pornography by, er, taking photos of his erect penis Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- NYT: Chelsea Clinton gets $75K per speech Ed Morrissey 9 hours ago
- Ted Cruz declines to follow Palin’s lead in calling for Obama’s impeachment Allahpundit 10 hours ago