Employers added a disappointing 88,000 jobs in March, confirming fears of a slowdown in payroll growth that economists say could persist for several months. The number of new jobs is less than half what economists had forecast. The unemployment rate fell to 7.6% from 7.7%, largely because 496,000 Americans stopped working or looking for work, the Labor Department said Friday in its monthly employment report. Futures trading on Wall Street in major indexes began sinking as soon as the...
In response to:
- Video: Cruz presser at AFP summit Ed Morrissey 20 mins ago
- Video: Pete Hegseth on VA scandal, ISIS threat at AFP’s Defending the Dream summit Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- California Dem moves to outlaw some civilian body armor Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Don’t count Rob Ford out just yet Jazz Shaw 4 hours ago
- New York’s new gun laws returning unexpected results Jazz Shaw 6 hours ago
- WaPo: Say, this President doesn’t seem terribly competent at foreign policy, huh? Ed Morrissey 7 hours ago