Others muted the differences between men and women and were satisfied to preach absolute equality. But they all reckoned...
I thought the article was going to make sense for a minute. You see, it is very very true that contemporary feminists have been very reluctant to admit that they won. Not recognizing the astounding progress women have made in the last several generations is stupid. However, ignoring that point and spending time whining about how women aren't the prim and proper little creatures conservatives want them to be is even more stupid. Add the generic conservative failure to have a sense of humor, and the stupidity grows even more. Freedom is messy. People are not going to act the way you want them too when they are free to act as they wish. You don't like vulgarity? The most vulgar shows on TV are FOX productions.
More than a century and a half ago, when early suffragettes fought to win the vote, they campaigned for equality as a source of independence and dignity, a means for a woman to stand equally with a man. The vote would uphold a woman's capacity to be fully human under the law, and from the law the culture would change. The early feminists assumed a moral superiority over men, which is why so many were active in the temperance movement.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- Of course: 2014 Obama’s position on Ex-Im Bank is the opposite of 2008 Obama’s Mary Katharine Ham 9 hours ago
- Wes Clark: Clinton had an opportunity to go in on the ground to get Bin Laden but it was “a lot of logistics” Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- I guess we need to talk about Joe Biden skinny dipping, huh? Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- Obama: This congressional deadlock on immigration means “I’m going to have to act alone” Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- TEMS Friday: Guest hosting the Hugh Hewitt Show Ed Morrissey 11 hours ago