Obama is shrewdly characterizing the recession in a way that breeds resentment towards the wealthy, diverting dissatisfaction away from himself. Most of his recent speeches include assertions that there are a few Americans getting rich, while everyone else is suffering. “The notion that we would ask sacrifice from folks who are already struggling in order to protect folks who have never been better -- never been better off -- that's not who we are,” he said in one recent speech. Obama knows that if he can direct Americans’ unhappiness over the economy towards “the rich,” he might win reelection....
WHat does this have to do with any of the conversation? But I will play anyway. If Mr Business owner were going to spend the million extra on jobs, he might get 14 (benefits, ya know). And if he added those 14, I might change my mind. But if he takes that extra million for himself and then ships the jobs overseas anytway, then I say he should pay it in taxes. Now, what happened in 2007-2010? Businesses made record profits and DIDN'T HIRE ANYBODY! They kept the money for themselves or shipped it to India and CHina. http://blogs.ajc.com/jay-bookman-blog/2010/11/23/corporate-profits-hit-record-high-still-no-hiring/
- Welfare reform is officially on life support in NYC Jazz Shaw 23 minutes ago
- Why won’t the White House explain how off-budget ObamaCare money got spent? Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Are bans on high capacity magazines constitutional? Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 14 hours ago
- EPA exonerates Christie administration in obscure bridge-related offense someone made up Mary Katharine Ham 15 hours ago
- California energy companies are getting the heck outta’ dodge and moving to Texas Erika Johnsen 16 hours ago