In 2006 and 2007, Republicans promoting amnesty favored the cliche, “Immigrants do the jobs American’s won’t do.” It was a bad argument then, and with unemployment still hovering around or over 9%, for the last five years, no one even bothers with that anymore. Instead, Republicans are selling amnesty based solely on political expediency. The new cliche is that Republicans will never win the Hispanic vote unless they support amnesty. John McCain, who led the last great push for amnesty says. "The Republican Party is losing the support of our Hispanic citizens. And we realize this is an issue in which...
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- Kochs’ next dastardly deed: Creating good public defenders for low-income accused Mary Katharine Ham 6 hours ago
- Reading the early voting tea leaves: Republicans closing the gap Mary Katharine Ham 6 hours ago
- White House to red-state Democrats: Don’t blame Precious if you lose Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- ISIS mortar shells now landing in Baghdad’s Green Zone Noah Rothman 8 hours ago
- SCOTUS to consider police searches of hotel registries Jazz Shaw 8 hours ago