In 2006 and 2007, Republicans promoting amnesty favored the cliche, “Immigrants do the jobs American’s won’t do.” It was a bad argument then, and with unemployment still hovering around or over 9%, for the last five years, no one even bothers with that anymore. Instead, Republicans are selling amnesty based solely on political expediency. The new cliche is that Republicans will never win the Hispanic vote unless they support amnesty. John McCain, who led the last great push for amnesty says. "The Republican Party is losing the support of our Hispanic citizens. And we realize this is an issue in which...
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- In two New York districts, two trouncings to warm your heart Mary Katharine Ham 10 hours ago
- TSA confiscates a toy ray-gun belt buckle. Because security. Mary Katharine Ham 10 hours ago
- Oh my: Plurality of Republicans think Mitt Romney should run for president Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Video: 10 hours of catcalls in New York Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Dems: It’s going to be a bad cycle, and there’s one reason why Ed Morrissey 12 hours ago