In 2006 and 2007, Republicans promoting amnesty favored the cliche, “Immigrants do the jobs American’s won’t do.” It was a bad argument then, and with unemployment still hovering around or over 9%, for the last five years, no one even bothers with that anymore. Instead, Republicans are selling amnesty based solely on political expediency. The new cliche is that Republicans will never win the Hispanic vote unless they support amnesty. John McCain, who led the last great push for amnesty says. "The Republican Party is losing the support of our Hispanic citizens. And we realize this is an issue in which...
- God bless America: Powdered alcohol to hit markets soon Allahpundit 29 minutes ago
- Surprise: UAW folds in VW dispute Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Drone attacks kill dozens of AQ operatives in Yemen following confab Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- NBC wonders: What makes David Gregory tick? Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Ukraine Easter truce collapses, three dead at pro-Russian separatist checkpoint Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Attkisson: CBS News too “ideologically entrenched” to air stories critical of the Obama administration Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago