In 2006 and 2007, Republicans promoting amnesty favored the cliche, “Immigrants do the jobs American’s won’t do.” It was a bad argument then, and with unemployment still hovering around or over 9%, for the last five years, no one even bothers with that anymore. Instead, Republicans are selling amnesty based solely on political expediency. The new cliche is that Republicans will never win the Hispanic vote unless they support amnesty. John McCain, who led the last great push for amnesty says. "The Republican Party is losing the support of our Hispanic citizens. And we realize this is an issue in which...
- How many people have died from GM ignition-switch defect? Ed Morrissey 20 minutes ago
- Scott Brown “officially” thinking about running for Senate in New Hampshire Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Malaysia: Flight 370 signals continued for more than seven hours Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Bobby Jindal hits the trail in New Hampshire Jazz Shaw 4 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 17 hours ago
- This HHS official’s resignation letter says everything you’ve ever thought about bureaucracy Mary Katharine Ham 18 hours ago