In 2006 and 2007, Republicans promoting amnesty favored the cliche, “Immigrants do the jobs American’s won’t do.” It was a bad argument then, and with unemployment still hovering around or over 9%, for the last five years, no one even bothers with that anymore. Instead, Republicans are selling amnesty based solely on political expediency. The new cliche is that Republicans will never win the Hispanic vote unless they support amnesty. John McCain, who led the last great push for amnesty says. "The Republican Party is losing the support of our Hispanic citizens. And we realize this is an issue in which...
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- Video: The solution to the campus sexual assault crisis Jazz Shaw 11 hours ago
- Obama’s ISIS Tap Dance Jazz Shaw 13 hours ago
- Rumor du jour: House GOP working on “punishment” for votes against Boehner as Speaker Jazz Shaw 14 hours ago
- Ukraine, rebels agree on buffer zone, withdrawal of foreign troops and “mercenaries” Ed Morrissey 16 hours ago
- Could Louisiana elect an 87 year old Democrat felon to Congress? Jazz Shaw 17 hours ago