With the rise of the 24/7 news cycle and expansion of media allowing everyone to create their own stories on the internet, a new void has been created. It has been filled by hypercriticism. Hypercriticism used to be reserved for celebrities, as paparazzi closely tracked every move of Hollywood stars. But the spread of cable talk shows and rise of the internet has allowed a microscopic analysis to transcend into politics; putting politicians and candidates for office under an unhealthy and irrational level of scrutiny. Instead of judging political leaders on real issues, they are now also judged on criteria that...
The "hypercritics" have succeeded in their aim to muddy the water and gull the naive like Rachael. The left and their useful idiot Progressives use these non issues to divert attention from the real issue: promotion of political power and domination. Rachael misses the point here regarding experience as a political issue. By this thinking, previous experience in government should be an asset rather than a liability. We have a very politically experienced Prevaricator in Chief; how did that work out? No, the less experience in inherently corrupting politics the better; business and military experience and ethical conduct should be sought.
- CBO revises estimate, warns U.S. economic growth will underwhelm in 2014 Noah Rothman 28 mins ago
- VA customer relations training equates vets angry over care with … Oscar the Grouch Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- ESPN apologizes for reporting on whether Michael Sam is showering with his teammates after practice Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- YouGov poll: Majority thinks it’s unfair to criticize presidents for playing golf Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Video: “I suddenly remember how good the American people are …” Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Jubilation: Israel and Syria trade fire as Islamists seize territory along tense border Noah Rothman 3 hours ago