As a conservative Republican in New York State, I have long understood my vote doesn’t matter. Yes, Reagan won the Empire State back in 1984, however it is quite clear that unless the entire lower tier of the state were to sink in the ocean, we Republicans do not matter statewide. The same is true for liberals in Texas, unless by a freak accident Austin were to withstand an alien invasion that destroyed the rest of Texas, a liberal Democrat’s vote does not matter. So this election, perhaps due to my youth, political naiveté, or apathy to the entire political system,...
Vive President and of the number of votes for each, which lists they shall sign and certify, and transmit sealed to the seat of the government of the United States, directed to the President of the Senate; The President of the Senate shall, in the presence of the Senate and House of Representatives, open all the certificates and the votes shall then be counted; The politicians in the states that adopted the winner take all system, did so because it rules out all third party candidates’ chances of winning a majority of Electoral votes and would assure a two party system of government.
- Video: Nothing to see here: Obama is “Faithfully executing the laws” Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Congressman Bob Goodlattte assures us that there is no impeachment in the offing Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- The border crisis isn’t Obama’s Katrina – it’s worse Noah Rothman 4 hours ago
- Uh oh: Moscow claims Ukraine attack inside Russian territory killed civilians Noah Rothman 5 hours ago
- The Lerner Files: “smidgens upon smidgens” of corruption Jazz Shaw 7 hours ago
- Afghan interpreters who aided US in danger of being left behind Jazz Shaw 8 hours ago