As a conservative Republican in New York State, I have long understood my vote doesn’t matter. Yes, Reagan won the Empire State back in 1984, however it is quite clear that unless the entire lower tier of the state were to sink in the ocean, we Republicans do not matter statewide. The same is true for liberals in Texas, unless by a freak accident Austin were to withstand an alien invasion that destroyed the rest of Texas, a liberal Democrat’s vote does not matter. So this election, perhaps due to my youth, political naiveté, or apathy to the entire political system,...
Your vote counts in all elections other than the office of President and Vice-Presidential, in states with the winner of the popular vote getting all that state’s electoral votes does exactly what Mr. Girdusky says, the only exceptions are Maine and Nebraska which are the only two states that follow Article 12 of the Constitution which states: Electors shall meet in their respective states, and vote by ballot for President and Vice-President, one of whom, at least, shall not be an inhabitant of the same state with themselves; they shall name in their ballots the person voted for as President, and in distinct ballots the person voted for as Vice-President, and they shall make distinct lists of all persons voted for as President, and...
- Could Louisiana elect an 87 year old Democrat felon to Congress? Jazz Shaw 30 mins ago
- ESPN: Ravens’ “misdirection” kept curiously passive NFL in the dark on video Ed Morrissey 2 hour ago
- Demands grow to end secrecy – and robbery – at Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Whistleblower cop in Scott Walker accusations paying a heavy price Jazz Shaw 5 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 16 hours ago
- Scarborough: A certain network should cover Bridgegate clearing as much as allegations Mary Katharine Ham 17 hours ago