As a conservative Republican in New York State, I have long understood my vote doesn’t matter. Yes, Reagan won the Empire State back in 1984, however it is quite clear that unless the entire lower tier of the state were to sink in the ocean, we Republicans do not matter statewide. The same is true for liberals in Texas, unless by a freak accident Austin were to withstand an alien invasion that destroyed the rest of Texas, a liberal Democrat’s vote does not matter. So this election, perhaps due to my youth, political naiveté, or apathy to the entire political system,...
Your vote counts in all elections other than the office of President and Vice-Presidential, in states with the winner of the popular vote getting all that state’s electoral votes does exactly what Mr. Girdusky says, the only exceptions are Maine and Nebraska which are the only two states that follow Article 12 of the Constitution which states: Electors shall meet in their respective states, and vote by ballot for President and Vice-President, one of whom, at least, shall not be an inhabitant of the same state with themselves; they shall name in their ballots the person voted for as President, and in distinct ballots the person voted for as Vice-President, and they shall make distinct lists of all persons voted for as President, and...
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Enjoy Sec. Donald Rumsfeld’s Tax Day letter to the IRS Mary Katharine Ham 3 hours ago
- Is the wind lobby’s most precious subsidy finally losing steam in Congress? Erika Johnsen 4 hours ago
- “Russia has not invaded Ukraine,” and other great moments in Russian propaganda Erika Johnsen 4 hours ago
- Video: Trump to buy the Buffalo Bills? Ed Morrissey 5 hours ago
- Rand Paul: Let’s get this straight — I’m not for containing Iran Allahpundit 6 hours ago