Rep. Barney Frank (D-Mass.) thought President Obama was making a "mistake" in pressing for healthcare reform in 2010 and urged the White House to back off after Democrats lost their 60-seat majority in the Senate, the congressman tells New York magazine. "I think we paid a terrible price for healthcare," Frank told the magazine in a lengthy interview as he prepares to retire at the end of his 16th term. "I would not have pushed it as hard. As a matter of fact, after [Sen.] Scott Brown [R-Mass.] won [in January 2010], I...
I'd like to see a similar piece and interview on the affects of the Frank Dodd legislation that is currently crippling our financial environment. Come on folks an appointed Central Financial advisor group that is allowed to create fiscal policy alongside the Fed and answers to no one but the president. Is this really something we can live with? Guy, I am not seeing nearly enough on this but Frank Dodd legislation is a real Trojan Horse that needs to be scrutinized for its legitimacy.
- Washington, Europe getting serious about Russia sanctions over Crimea? Ed Morrissey 24 minutes ago
- Scarborough: FL-13 upset shows 2014 will be “historic” Dem loss Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- NBC/WSJ poll shows Obama approval at new low of 41% Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- GAO to audit Oregon’s failed ObamaCare exchange site Mary Katharine Ham 11 hours ago
- Video: Chris Matthews attempts a do-over during his live show Mary Katharine Ham 12 hours ago