A Problem Bigger than Ferguson

J415 Wrote: Aug 27, 2014 3:44 PM
dahni, I am white. These people are my friends. I refuse to be politically correct and I speak my mind. I have earned their respect to be able to be honest in my conversations. I also hang out with them and I am invited to all family functions. I believe you jumped the gun and miss interpreted my comments. I was trying to state what my first hand understanding is after having conversation over 18 years with my friends. I also happen to have many, many hispanic friends, 3rd generation and more are also embracing the victim and entitlement mentality. I assume you when you hang out with your black friends, that you are not the "token", and really haven't had heated and honest conversations being the only white conservative in the room. So I am chalking this up to miss interpreting.

A Problem Bigger than Ferguson

J415 Wrote: Aug 27, 2014 1:09 PM
I have many black friends, and I have debated politics and racism with them. I have friends from Chicago, Philly, Boston and the NY area. The common thread is that they really do believe that the system is stacked against them. That no matter what they are victims and will get the short end of the stick. That everybody is out to get them, I mean everybody. They look at the world through a victim and entitlement perspective. If they are going to be a victim, they will take advantage and victimize anybody else if it is to their advantage. I don’t know if I am communicating effectively, but this is what it seems to me. I know I will be a victim, so it is in my best interest to take advantage of anybody and every opportunity until I am a victim. Then I have a natural excuse, I am black, to try and explain my actions and minimize the damage. It really isn’t my fault, because since I am black, everything is set up to make me fail. Now my friends from Texas, Memphis, and Atlanta don’t have the same high level of this perspective, they do, but it isn’t so “militant”.
I read her post that this one was referencing. I am a Ann fan and I got her point. Ann always touches on subjects that make people uncomfortable. Which is a good thing and conservatives and Christians should be in full support. Conservatives are not suppose to think in a collectivist way. we are suppose to think critically and continually question. If a subject makes us feel uncomfortable, than it is a subject that should be discussed, AND we shouldn't all agree, other than to agree to disagree on that subject.

Tolerate or Be Stamped Out

J415 Wrote: Aug 07, 2014 6:20 PM
I think I agree with your "One reason why some people become extremely hostile to anyone who violates a political correctness speech rule and utters some taboo truth is that the utterance of the truth serves as a reminder that others have been emasculated and silenced." We all know that most progressive men are bete males, and shame is a powerful tool the left always uses, but fails to self recognize.

Tolerate or Be Stamped Out

J415 Wrote: Aug 07, 2014 6:14 PM
LGBT lobby wants preferential treatment. They are not about tolerance, they want full acceptance of their choices and life styles. While vilifying and defaming choices and life styles that they don’t have any tolerance for. The LGBT activists are a nice microcosm of the authoritarian socialists. They abhor Abrahamic religions because they propose the concept of being judged for our actions. Hence why they must mainstream and make life styles “relative”. They don’t believe in shame or judgment, everything is relative and therefore all must accepted. Acceptance is the key. If you accept their life style, then ergo you accept their philosophy and ideology. The LGBT and other authoritarian leftists are not anti-religion; they do follow a religion, they worship the state. The state can force men into believing that all rights and privileges are provided by the providence and whims of the state. The authoritarian leftists who dominate Academia, Hollywood and the media who espouse science and history (when rewritten), seems to always fail in reconciling what history has shown and has been repeated. The nucleus of a community is a family. The nucleus of the Family is a mother and father. For a community to be successful and prosper rules must be established. Common sense rules like, do not murder, do not steal, and don’t cheat on your wife/husband. These rules establish a code of conduct that established a minimum of expected behavior. Behavior that doesn’t promote further success and prosperity for the community wouldn’t and shouldn’t be accepted. These unacceptable behaviors should be taught to the next generation as to further the success and prosperity of the community in the future. Now, as individuals, you may choose to not follow the established common sense expectations. You may choose to behave and act in an opposite manner. But as history has shown, the community still has an obligation to itself and to preserve the opportunities for the current and future members of the community. Stable, well established and community held expectations of behavior is what allowed humanity to be so dominate and prosperous. Which also allowed, ironically, the opportunity for the 4% of the population to call into question centuries of “acceptable” behavior. Forcing acceptance for a lift style choice by demanding preferential treatment, how does that lead or promote tolerance?
This is just Ann be snarky and shocking. Once you get past the snark and shock, and understand her point, she makes sense. I am sure she cares and supports aid to Africa and the helpless. But her point that the same help should be and needs to be done here at home in the USA. That conservatives of faith have lost the culture war in America, is a huge battle lost for humanity as a whole. Which is a very valid point that should be emphasized more often.
Conservatives don't trust Boehner. Especially when he starts doing last minute changes and arm twisting. I also think this would be a good opportunity to pass a bill that addresses the invasion at our southern border. But Guy, as you said, the odds of "pealing off" a few Democrats to vote for it is very slight. If that is the case, why not just put in the bill what most conservatives agree upon and send it up the Reid? Be honest Guy, do you trust the Houses GOP leadership? Does any conservative trust the Houses GOP leadership? The House GOP leadership always caves to the Democrats and the Chamber of Commerce instead of following conservative principles. I understand the politics and the "optics" but the House GOP leadership has been pushing for amnesty just like the Democrats, so why shouldn't we hesitate to question the unintended consequences of this bill?
Why do I think there are going to be a few more hard drive crashes?

Defining Life

J415 Wrote: Jul 23, 2014 7:53 PM
USS Ford FFG 54 90-94 I agree it is what God says, but we are all guilty of sin. I try my best to follow Gods word, but I always fail. I strive to be better everyday. I am guilty of making some very bad choices in my life. I think about them everyday. That is what drives me to be better and make better choices. I think it is a far better punishment than anything society could ever do to me. Catholic guilt is a very powerful thing.

Defining Life

J415 Wrote: Jul 23, 2014 7:40 PM
Anon, trust me when I say I know your arguments and they all carry weight. I or you don't have a right to take away a woman's free choice. You like examples so here is one. A 17 year old woman is pregnant. She won't tell her parents, she is scared to have the baby because she knows she shouldn't have had sex. The babies father is pressuring her to have an abortion. She knows it is wrong to have an abortion, but she is scared about anybody finding out that 1 she is pregnant and even more scared that anybody would find out that she had and abortion. So she convinces herself she has only one choice, to cause an abortion that nobody will find out about. She does all the physical type of activity that will cause an "miscarriage" by falling down the stairs by "accident", or any other type of action that will cause a "miscarriage". She was successful. Her parents didn't find out, her secret is safe between her and the boyfriend. There is nothing you, I or the law can do about it. But she is still guilty of terminating the life in her consciously. She will feel guilty the rest of her life and she will ultimately answer to God. She may never get retribution in this life other than living with the guilt, but she will face justice when she meets St.Pete. Nothing you or I did could have stopped this. She freely chose the wrong path. But on this subject, I guess, we should agree to disagree. Like I said, you and I most likely agree on the vast majority of issues.

Defining Life

J415 Wrote: Jul 23, 2014 7:12 PM
Darby, First Happy Birthday. You sir seem like a very good example of what America is about and what the Founding Fathers envisioned. The Lord has blessed you with what seems like a very nice family, sorry about your wife, I am sure she is in heaven. I believe you and I and even Anominus probably agree on 99% of issues. My Catholic mother and my jack Mormon father, both agree with you and Anominus on the abortion issue. We still debate it now and then. Even though I am very much more conservative on other issues then they are. I guess the disagreement is this, I would refuse to my last breath anybody ever forcing me to do something I choose to do because I feel it is in my or my families best interest, even if they don’t agree. Since I feel this way, I refuse to be hypocritical and believe I can force somebody else to do the right thing, just because I say. Yes Anominus, I do know my view is in opposition of the Catholic Church, which my sister and mother both give me grief over. But as my sister and I had a debate the other night, she is now against capital punishment because she feels she is being hypocritical since she is pro-life. I do support the death penalty; I think incarceration for life is a far worse punishment then being put to death.