A Legacy of Liberalism

J415 Wrote: Nov 18, 2014 12:57 PM
I wish Dr.Sowell was a at least once a week contributor on Fox and once a month on the Sunday shows. The man just makes sense, like his mentor (Milton Freidman) he is able to explain issues with logic and common sense that even a 3rd grader is able to understand. I am unable to fathom why he is not a more prominent figure in conservative media.

When Paul Became Muhammad

J415 Wrote: Oct 02, 2014 2:20 PM
Everytime I point this out, I am a racists. Wonder why Larry isn't booked on more shows? Good job Larry
I so enjoy how Ann is able to make progressive leftists heads explode with snark and facts. Keep up the good work Ann.
What about Minnesota and the Asian Carp?

A Problem Bigger than Ferguson

J415 Wrote: Aug 27, 2014 3:44 PM
dahni, I am white. These people are my friends. I refuse to be politically correct and I speak my mind. I have earned their respect to be able to be honest in my conversations. I also hang out with them and I am invited to all family functions. I believe you jumped the gun and miss interpreted my comments. I was trying to state what my first hand understanding is after having conversation over 18 years with my friends. I also happen to have many, many hispanic friends, 3rd generation and more are also embracing the victim and entitlement mentality. I assume you when you hang out with your black friends, that you are not the "token", and really haven't had heated and honest conversations being the only white conservative in the room. So I am chalking this up to miss interpreting.

A Problem Bigger than Ferguson

J415 Wrote: Aug 27, 2014 1:09 PM
I have many black friends, and I have debated politics and racism with them. I have friends from Chicago, Philly, Boston and the NY area. The common thread is that they really do believe that the system is stacked against them. That no matter what they are victims and will get the short end of the stick. That everybody is out to get them, I mean everybody. They look at the world through a victim and entitlement perspective. If they are going to be a victim, they will take advantage and victimize anybody else if it is to their advantage. I don’t know if I am communicating effectively, but this is what it seems to me. I know I will be a victim, so it is in my best interest to take advantage of anybody and every opportunity until I am a victim. Then I have a natural excuse, I am black, to try and explain my actions and minimize the damage. It really isn’t my fault, because since I am black, everything is set up to make me fail. Now my friends from Texas, Memphis, and Atlanta don’t have the same high level of this perspective, they do, but it isn’t so “militant”.
I read her post that this one was referencing. I am a Ann fan and I got her point. Ann always touches on subjects that make people uncomfortable. Which is a good thing and conservatives and Christians should be in full support. Conservatives are not suppose to think in a collectivist way. we are suppose to think critically and continually question. If a subject makes us feel uncomfortable, than it is a subject that should be discussed, AND we shouldn't all agree, other than to agree to disagree on that subject.

Tolerate or Be Stamped Out

J415 Wrote: Aug 07, 2014 6:20 PM
I think I agree with your "One reason why some people become extremely hostile to anyone who violates a political correctness speech rule and utters some taboo truth is that the utterance of the truth serves as a reminder that others have been emasculated and silenced." We all know that most progressive men are bete males, and shame is a powerful tool the left always uses, but fails to self recognize.

Tolerate or Be Stamped Out

J415 Wrote: Aug 07, 2014 6:14 PM
LGBT lobby wants preferential treatment. They are not about tolerance, they want full acceptance of their choices and life styles. While vilifying and defaming choices and life styles that they don’t have any tolerance for. The LGBT activists are a nice microcosm of the authoritarian socialists. They abhor Abrahamic religions because they propose the concept of being judged for our actions. Hence why they must mainstream and make life styles “relative”. They don’t believe in shame or judgment, everything is relative and therefore all must accepted. Acceptance is the key. If you accept their life style, then ergo you accept their philosophy and ideology. The LGBT and other authoritarian leftists are not anti-religion; they do follow a religion, they worship the state. The state can force men into believing that all rights and privileges are provided by the providence and whims of the state. The authoritarian leftists who dominate Academia, Hollywood and the media who espouse science and history (when rewritten), seems to always fail in reconciling what history has shown and has been repeated. The nucleus of a community is a family. The nucleus of the Family is a mother and father. For a community to be successful and prosper rules must be established. Common sense rules like, do not murder, do not steal, and don’t cheat on your wife/husband. These rules establish a code of conduct that established a minimum of expected behavior. Behavior that doesn’t promote further success and prosperity for the community wouldn’t and shouldn’t be accepted. These unacceptable behaviors should be taught to the next generation as to further the success and prosperity of the community in the future. Now, as individuals, you may choose to not follow the established common sense expectations. You may choose to behave and act in an opposite manner. But as history has shown, the community still has an obligation to itself and to preserve the opportunities for the current and future members of the community. Stable, well established and community held expectations of behavior is what allowed humanity to be so dominate and prosperous. Which also allowed, ironically, the opportunity for the 4% of the population to call into question centuries of “acceptable” behavior. Forcing acceptance for a lift style choice by demanding preferential treatment, how does that lead or promote tolerance?
This is just Ann be snarky and shocking. Once you get past the snark and shock, and understand her point, she makes sense. I am sure she cares and supports aid to Africa and the helpless. But her point that the same help should be and needs to be done here at home in the USA. That conservatives of faith have lost the culture war in America, is a huge battle lost for humanity as a whole. Which is a very valid point that should be emphasized more often.