If you don't have health insurance it's probably for two main reasons. The first being that you can't afford it or two, you're a healthy young person who doesn't feel like they need it at this point in life. Others may not have health insurance due to lack of employer coverage. Regardless, under new ObamaCare rules lacking health insurance results in a large ObamaCare fine/tax, something that forces people to pay for something they can't afford and young people to pay for something they don't need. Not to mention, when people are paying a fine and not receiving healthcare insurance...
At these prices, many cannot afford, many will pay the penalty, and complain, then at the 11th hour, Obama comes in to say he can fix this via government insurance and just like in the movies, we are now under 1 payer, government health care. ( I guess they found a use for the closed Post Offices). The seeds were sown in the original bill.....and unless we totally replace those in Washington, nothing will stop this pattern.
- New Economist/YouGov poll shows Hobby Lobby impact on Supreme Court approval Ed Morrissey 13 minutes ago
- Liberal columnist calls out the ‘secret war on black Republicans’ Noah Rothman 52 minutes ago
- Immigration advocates mad that feds might let young illegals choose deportation voluntarily Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Kurds seize two oil fields, pull out of Iraqi government Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Great news: VA overpaying misclassified workers by millions … and can’t fix it Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Obama aims to keep Democrats happy while he coasts to 2016 Noah Rothman 3 hours ago