And Tesla is a company that has 'test queen' written all over it. There is literally no way to build the cars Tesla purports to be able to build, for the transport demands of our citizenry, without building literally thousands of new coal-fired electricity plants, currently outlawed by the Obama administration. You can drive around in a coal-fired car all you want, as far as I'm concerned. You can pay the hundred grand it costs to own the thing, and deal with the fact that when its power drops below a certain threshold its entire electronics package--and ability to even be recharged, is "bricked." How about a Golf BlueTec, produced here, with its 70 mpg? Sure it's not electric but who cares?
Something remarkable is happening in America; something that gives me hope for our economic and innovative future. Stodgy establishments are being superannuated. That’s right, superannuated.
Breaking on TOWNHALL
- Grand Jury in Michael Brown shooting under scrutiny following tweets Jazz Shaw 15 mins ago
- Intel and military sources: We could have hit “Khorasan” in June Ed Morrissey 54 mins ago
- Sources: DOJ won’t file civil-rights charges against George Zimmerman for shooting Trayvon Martin Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Panetta memoir blames Obama for collapse in Iraq Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- 80 people being monitored in Dallas area for Ebola; Update: 100? Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- White House: No plans to block flights from ebola countries Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago