During the 2012-13 academic year, Oberlin is celebrating homosexuality with an interdisciplinary series of academic courses, events, performances and...
This is reading a lot like satire. You're joking, right? Please tell me you're joking.
Liberal arts colleges these days often promote alternative lifestyles with the implementation of Sexuality, Gender and Queer Studies programs in their course catalogues. Instead of the typical English, math or science course, students can now enroll in classes such as “Sexual Justice: Lesbians, Gays and the Law” at DePaul University, or Portland State University’s “Lesbian Literature.” But, this semester Oberlin College is taking education in gay culture to a whole new level by dubbing 2012 the Year of the Queer.
- Media’s take on poverty issues exposes the dishonesty of the press Noah Rothman 12 mins ago
- White House slams Hamas’ “barbaric” kidnapping, cease-fire violations Ed Morrissey 52 mins ago
- Obama hits 40% approval in AP poll, loses ground on foreign policy Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- July jobs report: 209,000 jobs added, jobless rate 6.2% Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Report: New House bill on border crisis will limit Obama’s power to expand executive amnesty to new illegals; Update: Two separate bills Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Democrats celebrate ‘midterm gift’ of GOP’s failure to pass border bill Noah Rothman 3 hours ago