During the 2012-13 academic year, Oberlin is celebrating homosexuality with an interdisciplinary series of academic courses, events, performances and...
So that he could die? Is that supposed to be funny? The murder of people who are gay or are assumed to be gay (often incorrectly, I'd imagine) around the world is a tragedy. Your taking it so lightly shows exactly the kind of person you are. And I bet you fancy yourself a good Christian, delighting in the suffering of others.
Liberal arts colleges these days often promote alternative lifestyles with the implementation of Sexuality, Gender and Queer Studies programs in their course catalogues. Instead of the typical English, math or science course, students can now enroll in classes such as “Sexual Justice: Lesbians, Gays and the Law” at DePaul University, or Portland State University’s “Lesbian Literature.” But, this semester Oberlin College is taking education in gay culture to a whole new level by dubbing 2012 the Year of the Queer.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- Hensarling: It’s time to end the Ex-Im Bank Ed Morrissey 10 hours ago
- Got room for one more crisis? In Pakistan, protesters threaten government’s stability Noah Rothman 12 hours ago
- Engel: Military officials “apoplectic” over Obama’s “no-strategy” comment Ed Morrissey 14 hours ago
- The Democratic revolt continues: Key senator calls for Obama to arm Ukraine Noah Rothman 16 hours ago
- Nearly two years after Benghazi, American embassy in Libya’s capital falls to Islamists Noah Rothman 18 hours ago