Meanwhile, the Romney tortoise, head down on the campaign trail, keeps lumbering along toward the November finish. There is nothing fancy day in and day out -- only the steady plod of a good enough convention, workmanlike speeches that pass muster, a Midwestern vice president nominee who is informed and reliable, and...
Someone is definitely afraid of the truth by calling names instead of counter with an argument. Civility please! As for that Tortoise thing, see link which will cause some more name callings, and may be a few heart attacks. http://polipundit.com/?p=36246 Carter, the incumbent, 63 : Reagan, the unelectable, 32 Sometime in Nov., Carter was buried under a 10-pt landslide. Unemployment at that time was 7.5. Of course, the Dems were preparing for the demise of the US post war dominance, like they are doing now for the "new normal" in which half of the college grads will stay in their parents' basements, the growth of "disability" claims exceeds the growth of jobs, the work force shrinks, unemployment rate hovers at 8%+.
The 2012 race has turned into one of Aesop's classic fables. After each new media blitz against the no-frills Mitt Romney, a far cooler President Obama races ahead three or four points in the polls -- only to fall back to about even as the attention fades.
- Obama administration routs scourge of ISIS pink cookies in schools Jazz Shaw 37 mins ago
- Was the Aurora theater shooting “foreseeable” by owners? Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- US ponders military intervention in Syria as well as Iraq Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Friday night document dump: Yet another “accommodation” on HHS mandate Ed Morrissey 5 hours ago
- Teachers unions angry with Obama staff “sellouts” Jazz Shaw 6 hours ago
- Elite northeastern college town very worried about becoming Ferguson Jazz Shaw 8 hours ago