"Tonight, I propose working with states to make high-quality preschool available to every child in America," Obama said. "In states that make it a priority to educate our youngest children, like Georgia or Oklahoma,...
Now the govt can teach our kids to masturbate and put condoms on cucumbers before they start Kindergarten... Cool.
The section on expanding government funding for pre-K schooling programs around the country took up only a few minutes of President Obama's State of the Union address, but is heavily emphasized by the White House. While "universal pre-K" makes for good rhetoric, actual implementation of the policy makes all the difference in the world - and there's good reason to question the efficacy of such programs.
- The value in silence: disconnection and recollection Ed Morrissey 33 minutes ago
- Semi-retired president reluctantly decides now’s not the time for a Jimmy Kimmel guest shot Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Madeleine Albright: Hamas putting civilians in line of fire hurts Israel’s ‘moral authority’ Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- FAA orders 24-hour moratorium on US to Tel Aviv over missile worries Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Conservatives get a big 2014 boost from ‘fatal blow’ to Obamacare Noah Rothman 3 hours ago