In one, government-dependent Americans take to Youtube to sing about everything they can buy with their Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) benefits, i.e., food stamps. Such hits include " Swipe My EBT " and " It's Free Swipe Yo EBT ." According to the U.S. Food and Nutrition Service, much of the outrageous behavior depicted in the videos is legal. The Food and Nutrition Act of 2008 defines “eligible food” to include soft drinks, candy, cookies, snack crackers, ice cream, seafood, steak, bakery cakes and certain energy...
I think the point of the article is being missed...the point is that the government will attempt to coerce PRIVATE companies to do their bidding, like McDonalds, but when they have the chance to implement the same in GOVERNMENT programs, they fail to do so. I can see Jesse Jackson leading the Million Twinkie March if such standards were EVER imposed on SNAP recipients...after all, junk food is a CIVIL RIGHT....
Perhaps John Edwards was right; maybe there are two Americas.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- GAO to audit Oregon’s failed ObamaCare exchange site Mary Katharine Ham 8 hours ago
- Video: Chris Matthews attempts a do-over during his live show Mary Katharine Ham 9 hours ago
- FL-13 special election: Jolly wins! Erika Johnsen 9 hours ago
- Finally: “Frozen,” the honest trailer Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- Union leaders: Man, this Keystone XL decision just “reeks of politics” Erika Johnsen 11 hours ago