In the final jobs report prior to the election, the Bureau of Labor Statistics has announced that unemployment crept up in October to 7.9 percent, as 170,000 nonfarm payroll jobs were added. The broader "U-6" unemployment statistic is 14.6 percent (up a hair from 14.5 six months ago). August and September's numbers were both revised upward, which is a positive sign. As Jim Pethokoukis notes, average monthly job growth in 2012 has been nearly identical to the sub-par numbers of 2011, and hourly wages remain stagnant at best. The "worst recovery since the Great Depression" continues....
In response to:
How soon we forget Abu Ghraib, Scooter Libby, Katrina, etc etc etc...oh yeah, that's right...those were issues under a Republican! I got it now.
- Nancy Pelosi: A Republican friend of mine told me that his party is “indifferent” to “really hungry children,” you know Erika Johnsen 24 minutes ago
- Nudity, prudity, and double standards on cable television Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Funny or die: Obama pitches ObamaCare to Zach Galifianakis; Update: Goal achieved? Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Netanyahu: PA has to recognize Israel as a Jewish state Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- WaPo/ABC poll shows Obama underwater on Ukraine crisis, Russia Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Feinstein: CIA snooped on secure Congressional network Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago