Cuccinelli was weak from the jump. In fairness his candidacy/viability has been impaired by the shutdown and other factors. But a major swing state loss here (particularly to somebody like McAuliffe) may have the desirable effect of forcing a return to reality for that portion of the conservative electorate which has found visceral opposition/shutdown to be emotionally gratifying (and doesn't really want to deal with the real world consequence of that indulgence). And babblers like Hannity may have to quiet down (we need an effective conservative party) when even their audience churn (i.e. ratings) indicate its time to cool it.
- WH: Hey, Obama golfing in Key Largo during this crisis is the same as if he were in DC, only warmer Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Rand Paul working to get David Jolly over the finish line in FL-13 special Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- CPAC: Daniel Hannan and the origins of liberty Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago
- Open thread: Sunday morning talking heads Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- Quote of the day Allahpundit 17 hours ago
- Big Labor: ObamaCare is making income inequality worse, you know Erika Johnsen 19 hours ago