The morality argument is largely tangental to this column or the on the ground reality. I don't disagree the premise is wrong, but in practical political and marketing terms the key point is essentially : IT WON"T WORK. The value premise (read: math) has never worked. This isn't about metaphysical arguments that the public won't get:" it doesn't work and you have to pay for it" is an experiential reality that is easy to translate. And you don't have to interrupt the government function to illustrate same.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- Video: Nothing to see here: Obama is “Faithfully executing the laws” Jazz Shaw 7 hours ago
- Congressman Bob Goodlattte assures us that there is no impeachment in the offing Jazz Shaw 9 hours ago
- The border crisis isn’t Obama’s Katrina – it’s worse Noah Rothman 10 hours ago
- Uh oh: Moscow claims Ukraine attack inside Russian territory killed civilians Noah Rothman 12 hours ago
- The Lerner Files: “smidgens upon smidgens” of corruption Jazz Shaw 13 hours ago