In response to:
The value equation here was flawed from the onset (the web site issue just illustrates the problem). HHS and the program creator used Massachusetts as the pilot program : the on the ground reality of health care in that state was relatively unique, and that program's initial affordability was buttressed by a substantial subsidy from the Bush HHS which couldn't be replicated to scale without a massive cost increase in the ACA. The deliberate cascade effect to drive individual healthy insureds onto the exchanges (using the tax negative incentive and cost driver minimum coverage requirements) has to work or the program fails. Time will tell, but I'd lay 8 to 5 against. And Obama certainly knowingly lied on the unequivocal "you can keep your current health plan" observation: the Democrats will try to spin that as a typical exaggeration for political expediency :it was not..
- Snowden Q&A overshadowed at SXSW by … Girls Ed Morrissey 14 minutes ago
- Russian ambassador: We’re making it easier for Latvian ethnic Russians to get citizenship Ed Morrissey 54 minutes ago
- Let the primaries begin: Rand Paul, Ted Cruz battle over foreign policy Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- True Detective finale: greatest miniseries end ever? Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- CPAC: Winners, losers, or just a debate? Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Senate Democrats plan all-night global-warming talkathon in support of … er … Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago