Then … another self-inflicted injury. According to reports, Obama ordered that God and Jerusalem be put back into the platform. That should be easy enough … just introduce an amendment and have the convention...
That rule change at the GOP convention was more about the Ron Paul supporters going against who they were sent to represent to get Paul on the ticket. Don't believe me.. now he's stomping off with his toys demanding to be on the libratarian ticket. There are those out there that are willing to subvert their own party's rules to get THEIR man on the ticket, not to follow the will of the people they represent. THAT is what is scary, ladies and gentlemen. The fact that it happened in the GOP is telling. 1) that there are MANY factions under the GOP umbrella, which is not necessarily a bad thing; 2) there are those that are watching what is being said and done and go to lengths to maintain "order", which is a double edge sword.
By now you certainly know that the Democrats have been suffering from a self-inflicted injury since their convention began in Charlotte on Tuesday. For the first time in many presidential election years, the word God was omitted from their platform. The platform also failed to acknowledge Jerusalem as the capital of Israel. Both of these breaks from Democrat Party tradition were reportedly ordered by Obama.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- Twitter blocks petition supporting Houston pastors Jazz Shaw 9 hours ago
- Breaking: New White House fence-jumper taken down by K9s, apprehended Mary Katharine Ham 10 hours ago
- Debbie Wasserman Schultz: Barack who? Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- What election? Network news gives up on covering midterms Noah Rothman 11 hours ago
- Could Oregon’s First Lady sink the Governor next month? Jazz Shaw 11 hours ago