While Barack Obama was playing golf and going on vacation, Mitt Romney was getting an education in the debate school of hard knocks from Professor Newt Gingrich. While Obama was being asked fluff questions by his supporters in the mainstream media, Mitt Romney was facing a hostile media that wanted to rip his head off his shoulders. While Obama was being endlessly complimented for reading stale, barely updated speeches from 2008 off a teleprompter, Mitt was desperately trying to sell himself to audiences that had been told he was a cross between J.R. Ewing and one of the Replicants from...
In response to:
Denis3957 "President Bush on Wednesday signed the Economic Stimulus Act of 2008, calling it a "booster shot" for the American economy." You appear to be making this statement as an example of the "mess I inherited," lament by President Obama. Obama was one of those who voted for this bill - in fact, it was one of the few bills he chose to vote on in 2008. He suspended his campaigning long enough to do his job (be a Senator). He was a part of that "mess" he "inherited."
- Time: The West is losing Cold War II Ed Morrissey 18 minutes ago
- Arizona inmate takes nearly two hours to die by lethal injection in botched execution Allahpundit 58 minutes ago
- ISIS reportedly orders women and girls of Mosul to undergo ‘genital mutilation’ Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- WaPo editorial: Why is the world ignoring Hamas’ depravity? Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Uncommon courage: Jeb Bush finally weighs in on the border crisis Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- FAA, EASA reauthorize operations at Tel Aviv for Western airlines Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago