Price gouging - taking advantage of circumstances to increase your profits. Do you suppose that there just MIGHT be some price gouging involved in: 1. Inaugural events???? 2. Increasing taxes to cover spending "disasters"???? 3. Movies that recoup their expenses the first week or month and everything after that is gravy???? 4. Super Bowls that charge obscene amounts for a 30 second commercial???? We all could come up with many, many more examples. Truthfully, none of it is price gouging - it is charging what the market is able to pay.
Here's a which-is-better question for you. Suppose a New Jersey motel room rented for $125 a night prior to Hurricane Sandy's devastation. When the hurricane hits, a husband, wife and their two youngsters might seek the comfort of renting two adjoining rooms. However, when they arrive at the motel, they find that rooms now rent for $250. At that price, they might decide to make do with one room. In my book, that would be wonderful. That decision would make a room available for another family who had to evacuate Sandy's wrath. New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie and others condemn this...
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- Video: Nothing to see here: Obama is “Faithfully executing the laws” Jazz Shaw 12 hours ago
- Congressman Bob Goodlattte assures us that there is no impeachment in the offing Jazz Shaw 13 hours ago
- The border crisis isn’t Obama’s Katrina – it’s worse Noah Rothman 15 hours ago
- Uh oh: Moscow claims Ukraine attack inside Russian territory killed civilians Noah Rothman 16 hours ago
- The Lerner Files: “smidgens upon smidgens” of corruption Jazz Shaw 18 hours ago