Here's a which-is-better question for you. Suppose a New Jersey motel room rented for $125 a night prior to Hurricane Sandy's devastation. When the hurricane hits, a husband, wife and their two youngsters might seek the comfort of renting two adjoining rooms. However, when they arrive at the motel, they find that rooms now rent for $250. At that price, they might decide to make do with one room. In my book, that would be wonderful. That decision would make a room available for another family who had to evacuate Sandy's wrath. New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie and others condemn this...
- Stupak: I got double-crossed on the contraception mandate Ed Morrissey 18 minutes ago
- MNSure asks for additional $12.5 million to fix website and call center Ed Morrissey 48 minutes ago
- Federal committee devising new dietary guidelines based on… climate change Erika Johnsen 1 hour ago
- National Journal: Loss in HHS contraception mandate case would “restrict access” for women Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Business groups “blindsided” by Obama overtime redefinition Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Trey Gowdy on Obama’s power grabs: “How does going from being a senator to a president re-write the Constitution?” Allahpundit 3 hours ago