General David Petraeus has, in war, been a hero. In public service, too, he was a national asset. But toward the end of his soldiering, his life is now cast in doubt. As the head of CIA, the doubt has increased. Almost certainly, as director of central intelligence, he was no Dick Helms or Bill Casey. Those names from a better era illuminate the dreariness of this tawdry episode, and...
Sex remains the surest prop for all that is funny ... and sad. In the first instance, we often call the result ribaldry. In the second instance, it is always called tragedy.
- WaPo: Say, this President doesn’t seem terribly competent at foreign policy, huh? Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- On the dismissal of the Chris McDaniel challenge in Mississippi Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 14 hours ago
- Obama: The world’s always been messy, but now social media is amplifying it Mary Katharine Ham 15 hours ago
- Video: Hot Air exclusive interview with Gov. Rick Perry Ed Morrissey 15 hours ago
- “Walking Dead” grumble thread: Hey, maybe Daryl’s gay Allahpundit 16 hours ago