General David Petraeus has, in war, been a hero. In public service, too, he was a national asset. But toward the end of his soldiering, his life is now cast in doubt. As the head of CIA, the doubt has increased. Almost certainly, as director of central intelligence, he was no Dick Helms or Bill Casey. Those names from a better era illuminate the dreariness of this tawdry episode, and...
Sex remains the surest prop for all that is funny ... and sad. In the first instance, we often call the result ribaldry. In the second instance, it is always called tragedy.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Small California winery to close doors after being fined for using volunteers Mary Katharine Ham 5 hours ago
- NC SEN: Is the race ‘tight as a tick?’ Matt Vespa 6 hours ago
- Three words. Tetris. The movie. Jazz Shaw 6 hours ago
- Carter: If I had gone to war with Iran, I would have beaten Reagan or something Matt Vespa 7 hours ago
- FCC: We’ll look into whether “Redskins” is indecent for broadcast Ed Morrissey 8 hours ago