Members of the Congressional Black Caucus (CBC) are readying a flurry of bills in response to George Zimmerman’s acquittal on charges in last year’s fatal shooting of Trayvon Martin.
The lawmakers are drafting proposals intended to rein in racial profiling; scrap state stand-your-ground laws; and promote better training for the nation’s neighborhood watch volunteers, among other anti-violence measures.
CBC members had remained largely silent throughout the...
In response to:
Black caucus - racist in and of itself...
In response to a not guilty verdict in the George Zimmerman-Trayvon Martin case, the Congressional Black Caucus is getting ready to introduce new legislation on racial profiling. More from The Hill:
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Citizen legislator Sen. Mary Landrieu doesn’t really live in Louisiana Mary Katharine Ham 2 hours ago
- Democrats go after Republican for self-defense measure he took…14 years ago Matt Vespa 3 hours ago
- Rubio: If I had to vote again on my Gang of Eight immigration bill, I’d vote no Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Obama lets another red line lapse in Ukraine, and the consequences will be dire Noah Rothman 4 hours ago
- Heartache for lefties: Elizabeth Warren defends Israel at Massachusetts town hall Allahpundit 5 hours ago