He gives a detailed response in his autobiography, Under Fire. Iran/Contra, BTW, was decades ago. He's talking about stuff that is happening now.
WASHINGTON -- My dear friend and fellow Marine Joe Foss -- a Medal of Honor recipient -- would ask me occasionally, "What were you thinking?" The question usually was prompted by my missed shot on a hunt or when he heard me make a confusing comment on radio or television. Given the recent revelations of bad behavior, incompetence, corruption, waste and fraud -- and a deluge of mystifying and misleading explanations -- the potentates of the press are asking the wrong questions. The American people need to ask our nation's leaders and the masters of the so-called mainstream media, "What were...
- Bob Beckel: Get ready for an October surprise, Republicans Allahpundit 22 mins ago
- Cardinals clash over divorce, communion ahead of Vatican synod Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Josh Earnest: Ignore Obama’s military critics because they served under Bush Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Jobs plan from WI gubernatorial candidate looks mighty … familiar Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Exonerated, Chris Christie taunts the press by embracing Roger Goodell Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Scotland votes No to independence Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago