Former President Bill Clinton, who suffered significant political damage after signing into law the original assault weapons ban, is cautioning President Obama against patronizing his gun control opponents, in particular gun owners.
Appearing before Obama's National Finance Committee and various business leaders, Clinton stressed that guns present different cultural complexities than other political issues.
"Do not patronize the passionate supporters of your opponents by looking down your nose at them," he said, according to Politico.
Clinton's words are wise, but it may be too late. The Obama campaign team has already
- White House knew ISIS planned to kill James Foley Noah Rothman 22 mins ago
- Report: Qatar scuttled Gaza cease-fire for not having seat at Cairo table Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- White House now leaning on Eric Holder to play the role of racial healer? Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- WaPo: Was Foley’s killer a former Gitmo detainee? Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Everything has changed after the execution of James Foley by ISIS Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 12 hours ago