Texas dares to secede?? and why did Rick Perry cut the fire fighting budget? http://www.texaskaos.net/diary/7014/rick-perry-cut-the-texas-forest-service-budget-by-34-million Rick Perry Cut the Texas Forest Service Budget By $34 Million by: Libby Shaw Tue Sep 06, 2011 at 16:17:27 PM CDT Governor Rick Perry and the super majority of Republican lawmakers voted to cut a whopping $34 million from the Texas Forest Service and rural fire departments. They made this draconian cut knowing that Texas is suffering the ravages of one of the worst droughts in its history.
There is a saying common to Native Americans and Africans alike which goes like this: "Before the white man came, we had the land and they had the Bible. And they thought we should be Christians, so they taught us how to pray. We knelt down and closed our eyes, and after we opened our eyes we realized that, we now have the Bible and the white man has the land." When the white man came to Africa we had the land and he had the Bible, they taught us how to pray, so we got down on our knees and closed our eyes. And when we opened our eyes, 'lo and behold,' we had the bible and the white man had the land.

Romney Was Not the Problem

irkelsome Wrote: Nov 23, 2012 5:41 PM
Republicans love Joe Wilson who uttered "YOU LIE" to the president when he was simply maintaining the Bush policy of providing health care to people who showed up at the hospital with the wrong skin hue. Here's a question to all the card-carrying Republicans out there. When Jesus says, "How you treat the least amongst you, is how you treat me." Who are the least amongst us?

Burma Makes Nuclear Announcement

irkelsome Wrote: Nov 23, 2012 5:32 PM
Republicans articulate this mathematical statement; "Republicans = Holding our founding fathers and the Constitution in high esteem." I politely ask, "You mean Republicans want a return to slavery for people with the wrong skin color?" Again, when Jesus says, "How you treat the least amongst you, is how you treat me." Who are the least? How were slaves and Native Americans treated?

Is Middle East Peace a Mirage?

irkelsome Wrote: Nov 23, 2012 5:30 PM
The biggest supporters of slavery were ....Christian conservatives.

Is Middle East Peace a Mirage?

irkelsome Wrote: Nov 23, 2012 5:30 PM

Romney Was Not the Problem

irkelsome Wrote: Nov 23, 2012 5:28 PM
The biggest supporters of slavery were ....Christian conservatives.

Romney Was Not the Problem

irkelsome Wrote: Nov 23, 2012 5:28 PM
"Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.' "They also will answer, 'Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?' "He will reply, 'Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.' Matthew 25:41-44

Is Middle East Peace a Mirage?

irkelsome Wrote: Nov 23, 2012 4:39 PM
Jesus always was against the established religeous rulers of his day. Some things never change. The tax collectors and prostitutes are entering the kingdom of heaven before the religeous folk in todays world too. God is for the little man, who really needs Him and honestly comes to Him in true humility. Whatever the color or sexual orientation they may be. God does not belong in politics, did we not learn by the Popes in history or the nuts who use churches for Republican crazy votes today.