Yesterday evening we reported the details of House Republicans' "fiscal cliff" compromise offer to the White House, which offered real ideological concessions, to the tune of $800 Billion in new revenues. The plan -- originally conceived last year by the Democratic co-chairman of the debt commission, Erskine Bowles -- also calls for the reduction of both discretionary and mandatory spending, making needed (albeit small-ball) reforms to the largest drivers of our debt. Unlike the president's risible, widely-panned proposal last week, Republicans' new negotiating posture offers genuine compromise: (a) It has bipartisan origins, (b) it achieves "balance," (c) it...
In response to:
You need to stop lying for once in your life, you left-wing punk. You and your thugs are the type of people who would burn down your parents house while they and your children were inside in order to dance on the ashes. That is your Democrat party today, and that mentality must be destroyed if this country is to survive.
- Democrats plan on making Hobby Lobby their midterm message Ed Morrissey 13 minutes ago
- Perry: Border crisis is Obama’s Katrina Ed Morrissey 52 minutes ago
- MSNBC host: These calls for Obama’s impeachment are “treasonous accusations” Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Report: ISIS just seized a bunch of uranium in Iraq Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Germany expels US embassy official over spying row Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Obama’s pathetic border crisis blame shifting Noah Rothman 3 hours ago