There's a dastardly conspiracy afoot to shut down the United States Postal Service, Lefty screamer Ed Schultz has informed his MSNBC audience. The culprits? Republicans, match. The USPS recently announced its decision to end Saturday mail service, an attempt to stanch its years-long budget bleeding; the federal entity lost $16 billion in 2012. Though this move is only projected to save the Post Office roughly $2 billion annually, it's still an important nod to reality. I discussed this issue on CNBC last night, where even the liberal panelist seemed to agree that major reductions are in order and...
Let's see, The postal service spends 60 cents to get your letter from the atlantic to the pacific and only charges you only 46 cents. That is a good deal. I guess they make up the difference with volume.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- There will be nothing from the president tonight on the beheading of an American journalist Update: Statement tomorrow Mary Katharine Ham 5 hours ago
- Spot the problems with these headlines: NYT edition Mary Katharine Ham 6 hours ago
- Video: The day John McCain did the robot Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- Poll: 82% think it should be illegal to let your nine-year-old play at the park unsupervised Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- “Heads up high”: The Cumberland Little League consolation speech Allahpundit 9 hours ago