Congressional Republicans caved in to the Democrats this week, surrendering their principles in order to pass a bill that merely delays the looming fiscal cliff by two months. This is the first time Republicans have voted for a tax increase in 20 years. House Speaker John Boehner (R-OH) strong-armed Republican members of the House into supporting it, no doubt by threatening them with loss of their committee positions should they dare to oppose it. The Wall Street Journal described the massive sellout in an editorial, “The Senate-White House compromise grudgingly passed by the House is a Beltway classic: the...
In response to:
Without pork barrel spending there is less money to be "kicked back" to the politicians that provide the funding required to make the government bigger. You really expect our duely elected officials to work for the paultry sums that comprise thier pay and benefits? Well.... I never! Wake up America. Later this month they march on your gun rights. Load Em.
- Video: AFP launches ObamaCare attacks on four vulnerable Senate Dems Ed Morrissey 22 minutes ago
- DoJ guidelines on Obama drug-war clemency: 10 years in prison minimum Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Rand Paul on abortion: “We’re not changing any of the laws until the country is persuaded otherwise” Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Video: Feds bust prep-school drug ring Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Has al-Qaeda taken over a secret US base in Libya? Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- NYT poll shows Pryor up 10 in Arkansas Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago