You Can't Keep a Good Myth Down

InsightingTruth Wrote: Oct 02, 2014 10:27 AM
The best selling book of 2013 was Diary of a Wimpy Kid. It sold 1. 8 million copies in hard cover. Not only is that a pitifully small number, when compared to the population, but it is a pitiful representation of the taste of the reading public. Joycey, I know, and communicate with many Conservatives. By and large they read only what they already agree with. In that respect they are the same as people everywhere. Very, very, very few people are actually intellectually curious. Statistically, conservatives read more than other groups, but the statistic is meaningless regarding erudition. They read for reinforcement, not enlightenment or understanding.

You Can't Keep a Good Myth Down

InsightingTruth Wrote: Oct 02, 2014 10:06 AM
Interesting. How do we identify them?

You Can't Keep a Good Myth Down

InsightingTruth Wrote: Oct 02, 2014 10:05 AM
Joycey: Power is almost never surrendered voluntarily. Those in power must be defeated in some way before they can be persuaded to retire.

You Can't Keep a Good Myth Down

InsightingTruth Wrote: Oct 02, 2014 10:02 AM
Joycey: I can only view this statement as naive. I have attended far too many Republican meetings, heard far too many Republican speeches, read far to many Republican commentaries to believe as you do.

You Can't Keep a Good Myth Down

InsightingTruth Wrote: Oct 02, 2014 9:57 AM
Most voters are very ordinary people, whether right, left or center, they are under the sway of agenda driven dissembling political craftsman. They do not think for themselves.

You Can't Keep a Good Myth Down

InsightingTruth Wrote: Oct 02, 2014 9:50 AM
James, do you take the position that the majority of conservative voters, or any other definable voter block, is made up of brilliant, insightful, diligent, conscientious, individualistic, free market oriented, wise people?

You Can't Keep a Good Myth Down

InsightingTruth Wrote: Oct 02, 2014 9:35 AM
WJF is correct, there is no vast Republican conspiracy to defeat Ron Paul and his supporters. The power needed for such action is concentrated in a few neo-cons who effectively use half-truths and outright lies to distort Paul's message, while simultaneously employing underhanded insider tactics to confuse and confound well-intended but simple minded conservative Republican voters.
Trog, you are amazing! Why must you impute vile motivation to those with opinions adverse to yours?
Thank you for your concern, Fuzzy. I'm not sure that I have ever influenced anyone. I do think about things. Many things. I can allow for errors. I learned from the Bible it is better to be a declared skeptic, than a faux believer. It is possible that I misunderstood the lesson. I do not reject any source of knowledge. I have yet to find convincing evidence of the existence of magic sky pixies, but I shall keep looking.
Morality is not a religious invention. It is not a Christian invention any more than it is a Hindu invention, a Buddhist invention, or a Wiccan invention. Morality is a natural response to a hostile environment. Organized hostility begets, organized defense. All organization is based on moral commitment.
Ken: Are you able to allow the possibility, however remote, that John may be right?