In the wake of the Aurora and Newtown shootings, anti-gun hysteria swept the nation—particularly in schools. Although a heightened sensitivity toward weapons is certainly understandable, the majority of instances were downright ridiculous. Remember the Colorado boy who faced suspension because he tossed an imaginary grenade (saving the world from evil forces, obviously)? Or the Michigan school that confiscated cupcakes that were decorated with toy soldier figurines...
In response to:
Now all we need is gumdrop bullets for that poptart gun.....should be able to deal out a lot of death and destruction then.
- Rumor du jour: House GOP working on “punishment” for votes against Boehner as Speaker Jazz Shaw 40 mins ago
- Ukraine, rebels agree on buffer zone, withdrawal of foreign troops and “mercenaries” Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Could Louisiana elect an 87 year old Democrat felon to Congress? Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- ESPN: Ravens’ “misdirection” kept curiously passive NFL in the dark on video Ed Morrissey 5 hours ago
- Demands grow to end secrecy – and robbery – at Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac Jazz Shaw 6 hours ago
- Whistleblower cop in Scott Walker accusations paying a heavy price Jazz Shaw 8 hours ago