In the wake of the Aurora and Newtown shootings, anti-gun hysteria swept the nation—particularly in schools. Although a heightened sensitivity toward weapons is certainly understandable, the majority of instances were downright ridiculous. Remember the Colorado boy who faced suspension because he tossed an imaginary grenade (saving the world from evil forces, obviously)? Or the Michigan school that confiscated cupcakes that were decorated with toy soldier figurines...
In response to:
Now all we need is gumdrop bullets for that poptart gun.....should be able to deal out a lot of death and destruction then.
- Perdue grabs surprise runoff victory over Kingston in Georgia Ed Morrissey 23 minutes ago
- Putin signals total disregard for the West as rebels take down two more Ukrainian planes Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- US intel: MH17 missile an SA-11 fired from eastern Ukraine Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- White House giving up fight over Obamacare’s contraception mandate? Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Kerry arrives in Israel for cease-fire talks Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 12 hours ago