In the wake of the Aurora and Newtown shootings, anti-gun hysteria swept the nation—particularly in schools. Although a heightened sensitivity toward weapons is certainly understandable, the majority of instances were downright ridiculous. Remember the Colorado boy who faced suspension because he tossed an imaginary grenade (saving the world from evil forces, obviously)? Or the Michigan school that confiscated cupcakes that were decorated with toy soldier figurines...
In response to:
Now all we need is gumdrop bullets for that poptart gun.....should be able to deal out a lot of death and destruction then.
- Kurds seize two oil fields, pull out of Iraqi government Ed Morrissey 22 minutes ago
- Great news: VA overpaying misclassified workers by millions … and can’t fix it Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Obama aims to keep Democrats happy while he coasts to 2016 Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- WaPo: Is “the bear” loose … or is it an ostrich? Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Federal judge to IRS: Explain these “lost” e-mails, please … under oath Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 12 hours ago