In the wake of the Aurora and Newtown shootings, anti-gun hysteria swept the nation—particularly in schools. Although a heightened sensitivity toward weapons is certainly understandable, the majority of instances were downright ridiculous. Remember the Colorado boy who faced suspension because he tossed an imaginary grenade (saving the world from evil forces, obviously)? Or the Michigan school that confiscated cupcakes that were decorated with toy soldier figurines...
In response to:
Now all we need is gumdrop bullets for that poptart gun.....should be able to deal out a lot of death and destruction then.
- US training Syrian opposition for defense only against ISIS Ed Morrissey 41 mins ago
- Video: Who’s up for another lecture from Shep Smith about how to properly react to a crisis? Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Video: Canada shooter was in contact with “individuals in Syria” Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- A whopping 9% of likely voters “enthusiastic” about Barack Obama Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Uh oh: GOP’s vulnerable candidates start showing off their internal polls Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- In America, we don’t kill the Ebola dog Jazz Shaw 4 hours ago